Licensed Structural Engineer, CA #S5905   |   Licensed Civil Engineer, CA #C71491

Is my house sliding down a hill?

Is my house sliding down a hill?

Perhaps you are not sure whether your house is sliding down a hillside or if the hillside is moving (taking your house with it).

When this happens its time to talk to a structural engineer.

There are different causes of foundation movement and different sources of those causes. The issue is whether the past structural movement is severe and whether the house is vulnerable to future movement. If the hillside slope creep is the source of the cause of the movement and the movement is severe, the tieback & underpinning helical pile method is the most economical solution over a retaining wall.

Determining what is the best solution (not just the most economical) requires an engineering assessment and consultation.

Best Regards,
Jeremy Livermore, SE, PE
Structural Engineer, License #S5905

Civil Engineer, License #C71491
949-415-6683 cell
SoCal Structural

1133 Camelback St. Unit #11101

Newport Beach, CA 92658



OC Structure Check

1014 Begonia Ave.,
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

949-478-4026 cell
M-F: 9:00am to 7:00pm
S & S: 9:00am to 5:00pm